Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Multiple Occupations & Moving

I don't know about you, but in this economic climate, it appears even though I'm employed it doesn't necessarily mean I'm getting profitable hours in. I have two jobs at the moment, the ones that pay anyways, that are exciting and can be a lot of fun. But recently it's all come to a very slow crawl. Still, I am blessed with a roof over my head, food in my stomach and somehow I manage to pay many bills every month.

I'm proud to say I do pay with my own money and have only had to borrow from my grams twice. In my family, that's a record low! I am worried because I'm about to put down a large deposit on my own 1 bedroom apartment and that will be all good for four weeks. I'm worried that if my work doesn't pick up before then I will not be able to provide the roof any longer.

I'm smart enough to see that it's cheaper to take public transport but with crazy bus schedules and long routes, it's hard to get around here. There are several ways to conserve funds and pinch pennies. I'm excited to be learning how to truly take care of myself. I'm so grateful for all of my friends who are super supportive and have offered advice on apartment life.

I know God will gladly provide all my needs and that it is he who has total control over my life, not I. For that I am truly grateful. I am also understanding in the fact that these things do take time and he's very busy so patience is essential to my emotional well-being. This will be a large leap for me as I've never officially been truly on my own, all by my lonesome. I'm terribly excited and nervous as I'm sure plenty of you felt those feelings as you trekked out of your guardians' homes.

I've moved out before, and been with others and I've seen the communication it takes to run a household. I'm not discounting those experiences and I will cherish them forever. They taught me a lot about myself and how not to treat others, among many other things. I'm positive that if I remain on this road, and work harder than I thought possible, I will make it. I know I'm not the only one struggling to live so that's of great comfort.

If you have any tips or concerns please feel free to comment and share your wisdom! :)

It's a beautiful, cold day here... I hope it's just as peaceful where you are friends.

Love, Light & Peace,
Jolee

No comments:

Post a Comment