Monday, February 18, 2013

President's Day 2013

Well well well the time has once again, arrived for us to remember those in office that we have cherished, mocked and ultimately lost. I took a moment of silence as I prepared two delicious meals for my daycare kids and was actually interrupted (for the 17th time in 5 minutes) when little Johnny asked me again why I wasn't answering his burning question about the aforementioned food. I explained to him that I was praying for the current President Barack Obama to have a good day and that we needed to especially be thankful for the works of Presidents past!

He wasn't terribly intrigued I could tell. But later as we were clearing our plates and cleaning up Jon asked me who my favorite leader is. I told him about my admiration for Barack as he literally was the first man I ever voted for. I even studied the 2008 election. I almost didn't go for Obama but a few deeper looks into his books I decided I had to support this Midwestern man and his loving, supportive family. They have impressed me with their class and kindness in the past 4 years. I also told Jon that while Barack is known as "the first African-American Commander-in-Chief" he is to be remembered for plenty more than that!

Politics and science are definitely not my strong suits, especially when put together but even I got awesome grades on my papers in my first semester at college. Yet I managed to fail the class because of horrible exam scores! I do have interest in it though as I do believe we are affected by our leader's actions. They are the shining example of how to lead and thank God they all have different ways of doing it!

I am excited to say that for the next few Holidays (Easter, St Patrick's Day, 4th of July) I will be celebrating nearly on my own as I have a General Manger for a boyfriend. I am sure my friends will let me join in on their fun times and I am known to make my own... ahem... Suspicious Monkey anyone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ShqlS5hHGw&list=PLD131271CF42ECDD0&feature=mh_lolz

Enjoy your week everyone and remember I put out new blogs every Monday. Please feel free to follow and post your own thoughts and stories!

Love, Light & Peace,
Jolee Summerville

No comments:

Post a Comment