Thursday, April 23, 2009

You Must FILTER Your Thoughts!

All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him. ~ Buddha

Can you let it pass you by? Your key to happiness rests all in the hands of the one and only you! Sometimes we all go through dark periods where there's nothing else we can think about but destruction and despair. Sometimes it's plain necessary to keep you grounded but there comes a point in time when you must succumb to peace once again. You cannot pollute your mind with any negative thoughts. Even the littlest on about someone's terrible driving can result in a major pain for you later. I have recently been so unfocused that I let my life get so out of sorts. I 'cleared the clutter' once more, reflected about my actions and words, and made a decision to be proactive. Just do it, is my new motto. Yes I stole it from Nike! I think I'll give it back and com up with my own. Of course just because I take back what I did, it does not erase the bad deed. I must remember that next time, I shall refrain from whatever bad deed it is at hand whether it be a negative thought or action. I realized that just because you did something to redeem yourself, it's not enough. You have to put extra effort into being seen as good again.

At least I'm not an actual thief, at least not anymore now that Bug isn't around to steal her clothes! (Who still has my Britney Spears fragrance somewhere!) I have thought some mean thoughts but I am pretty quick to shut myself up. I'm quite harsh with myself especially when I affect others. I learn my life lesson but believe me it still continues on in my mind for miles after that! Even so, we must be kind to ourselves and others. The real lesson is about being pure in the first place so you do not have to counteract your mistakes.

The other lesson is to keep your hands away from your face! Ha ha! I think I'm one of the only people I know who has a serious problem with touching their hair and face repeatedly. But I am making a conscious effort to STOP BITING my nails! They're growing out nicely, though I don't ever paint them so they're kind of brittle. I think it's important to keep up appearances and I'm starting to really be more aware of that as well. There is so much to think about in regards to what you put in your body, what comes out, what to do to it, etc. I've been rigorously working on exercising everyday even if it's only ten minutes of strenuous activity. I do go to school still and work which is a pretty damn good workout! There are so many stairs at the school it's crazy, and at work I'm usually running over to the ice cream stand and back to drive-thru!

I'm so thankful for everything I have and I'm about to become way less stringent on my belongings since I can only take so much home with me. I'm glad because this will give me a chance to start over with my own items, my own attachments and associations with them. I think it will make me even more grateful because I'll be paying for it! I think that's going to be the easiest part of my trip to document because I already have a sense of the overwhelming feeling of providing for yourself in life. But it's a most welcome change in my new adventure! That's part of the struggle right?

I can feel the shift in energy and it's incredible. They may not see it now, but the future is going to being so much more to me than we can imagine right now. I'm open to virtually any opportunity at this point. I'm so thrilled to have complete control over my life, my destiny. What an exciting time!

Breathe, relax. It's going to be JUST FINE!

Love, Light and Peace,
JS

1 comment:

  1. You make me so proud baby...this was beautiful. I can't wait til you are home.

    ReplyDelete