Thursday, October 21, 2010

30DC - Day 15 - Music & Confessions

I didn't finish yesterday's blog in full simply because I slept most of the day and then had many activities to pursue, and one of which I am still continuing. As per usual it's the laundry. I do about 3 loads a week, so I'd say that's lucky. And on this day I'm being asked to put my fictional IPod on shuffle and tell the first ten songs that plays. Yesterday I was asked to do ten confessions.

I'm going to be creative with my fictional IPod (it's actually a 4-year-old San Disk Sansa player, version 2.0!) and combine that with 10 stories rather that go with each random song. This should be very interesting to me at least. So away we go!

I've just turned on the player and the song that first comes up is "3" by Britney Spears. This is probably the song I last listened to before turning the player off. I have just set it to randomize. Now I doubt this thing is smart enough to play, say the most played songs, but we shall see.
~
This song is pretty naughty and I didn't really like it when it came out. But it became catchy. It's not her best work, let's be honest. It could be anyone singing!
~
So each song will be between 3-4 minutes long. I'm not sure what to do in between "confessions." I'll just check some other websites I guess... 3 minutes and some seconds later... "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers is playing! This is such a cool song.

I remember hearing this throughout my life and probably underestimated it most of those times. But as of early 2008 I became enthralled with all things Celtic. Alas, this is one of the songs that came out of this era. I have to admit, I love Scottish and Irish culture! I'll watch "Made Of Honor" with Patrick Dempsey simply to hear Kevin McKidd's accent!
~
Heck yes! "Point of No Return" from Phantom of The Opera (2004) is on now. My confession about this is, WHAT A HAWT SCENE, in the film, I mean dazzling. It leads right into "Down Once More/Track Down This Murderer."
~
This list just keeps getting better. Of course my MP3 player wanted me to hear "Little Girls" by Oingo Boingo. I learned of this song in 10th grade whilst attending SVCHS in Ramona, California. Marcy had introduced it to me and yes, it's a secret favorite song to dance silly to!
~
How about this? A good slow one, "The Voice Within" by Christina Aguilara. This is such a good uplifting song and really spoke to me when it came out. The video is gorgeous.
~
Gasp! I love this song. (How often do I say that daily? More than 20 I bet.) "No Other Love" by Chuck Prophet. This can be heard in one of my favorite films "PS, I Love You." The scene in which this song plays in just my favorite from the movie. I wanna be that in love. Hopefully, NOT with a dead husband. <3
~
"She take my monay! While I'm in need, yeah she's a triflin' friend indeed. Oh she's a gold digga!" "Gold Digger" by Kanye West. This was back when I liked Kanye West. After his mama died, he kinda lost his marbles. I hope he gets help because many of his songs are great.
~
Wierd, I just heard this on the radio yesterday afternoon! "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry. It took me one listen to like this song. It's so sweet. She has a way with words obviously.
~
Okay, so this one I have to kind of tune out of or else, I'll cry. "The Scientist" by Cold Play. It reminds me of my charter high school, which provided me with a home and a family for over 3 years. It was forcefully shut down in early 2008.
~

Update 10/21/10 - As like in any normal existence, I got distracted from finishing this post. Oh well, perhaps next month I can keep up with the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment