Friday, October 29, 2010

30DC - Day 29 - What's Learned

"What's learned is often forgotten" I always say. For many of us it takes many lessons to learn the same thing. And in some cases, you have to physically endure the lesson in order for it to keep ingrained in your mind. I'm one of those kinesthetic learners suffice it to say and I am one who needs to learn via experience.

I have learned so much over the past year and it's nearly impossible to recall everything but I will tell you a few things I've learned over the past 30 days at least. I've learned that I'm ever changing. I am evergreen as a BSB song of the same title states. I am always willing to try new things to enhance my living adventure. I'm planning on being able to tell people my story and have them marvel at the things I've done.

I'm pretty late in the game for a lot of things. I've just recently started cooking almost every evening and learning new meals. I'm so hesitant because I'm the only person here eating organic foods and it seems it's hard to get people to eat turkey and chicken these days. They all want beef! I am trying to keep the pounds away and stay healthy. The only thing blocking me would be beer and wine every Wednesday and Friday at the local hangout RG's.

Anyways, I've learned I have a lot of perseverance in me I didn't know I had until this past month. I just keep going and going no matter how exhausted I get. I am used to getting home safely even after days I've spent long hours at the stadium or running errands. I enlist my coffee and granola bars to keep me energized while dealing with such difficult days.

I have also learned how to relax on things I know I cannot necessarily control. I do know I can control my emotions and no one else can. So I've been determined to keep the peace and have fun especially while at work. It's sad that many people hate their occupations/jobs and return home miserable. I'm actually loving what I'm doing and I pray my creator keeps blessing me with even bigger and better opportunities.

I hope you've started your own 30 day challenges and I also hope you can keep up with updates better than I have! Most of all I send you love and pray for blessings upon you.

Love, Light & Peace,
Jolee Summerville

No comments:

Post a Comment