Monday, October 11, 2010

30DC - Day 7 - Biggest Impact

Day 7 of the 30 day challenge is requiring me to share of a picture of someone or something that has the biggest impact on me.

I can honestly say that yes, I love certain family members like none other, and I love the material items clearly. I posted a whole blog about them. Ha ha. But I have to tell you that there is nothing more moving than a child. In my eyes, a child in need of a stable home, provided with food, clean water and hygiene, is more heartbreaking than a one legged puppy.

(Doesn't the puppy ordeal sound sad too though?)

I'm going to leave this picture the exact size I found it in from Invisible Children's website. If it doesn't disturb you greatly, that thought disturbs me. This child was most likely sold by his father in order to spare all if only some of his female family members from being killed, kidnapped or raped. This same child was probably 6 years old walking miles nightly to find a safe place to hide from the rebels.

Uganda,child,slavery,war,gun

Learn more about it. Just Google "Invisible Chlildren" and you'll see more at their wonderful, informative site. I have not yet had the opportunity to work again with this group since 2006, but I plan to greet them diligently in the future.

In another image, I'm inspired by a child embracing the wonderful world and beauty around us. Nature. As pure and innocent as this crazy planet is, the child represents nothing more than obvious delight in the au natural surroundings.

Photobucket

I'm not a mother yet. I plan to be someday when I can actually support my child or children with constant shelter, prosperity and unconditional love and emotional support. I pray you guard your children close, but not too closely for they too need to go out into the world and far away from today raise their own healthy, productive piece of the world.

Until next time, blessed be as always. I pray for the children who are separated from their natural families.

Love, Light & Peace,
Jolee Summerville

No comments:

Post a Comment